5 Things to Consider for Your Website
If you are thinking of building a website for your business, what are some of things you should consider before you start building the site or have someone else build it for you?
- Purpose and objectives
- What are you expecting your website to do for you?
- And what do you expect your website to achieve?
- By all means think big, but also outline what is most important to you.
- What is the minimum functionality you must have in place before you go-live vs functionality that could come along later?
- For example perhaps you could initially list out your goods and services and encourage customers to contact you, before you move to creating an online shopping and payment function.
- Site Pages and Features
- What pages do you need from day one?
- At its most basic, you could have a 1 page website about who you are, what products or services you provide and how to get in touch.
- What pages could you build at a later date?
- Who are your main competitors?
- Do some research by looking at their websites and look for the aspects of their sites you like and don’t like.
- What would you do the same and what would you do differently?
- Your key selling points
- What are your key selling points?
- What is it important for your customers to know about you and your products or services within a few seconds of being on your website?
There are other more detailed considerations that we will cover in a later post. But if you have any questions, please get in touch email@example.com.